Variable tags are used to drive display within a value proposition. That is, variable tags are used to control whether variables appear or don't appear on specific pages (see Variable Tags Overview).
There two ways to edit the tag(s) of a variable:
- Edit Tags within the variable dropdown
- Edit Tags can be accessed from anywhere that variables appear with the dropdown
- Click Add on the "Tags" column on the "Variable Tab"
- In Value Communication, the “Variables” tab is in “1. Message.”
- In Value Modeling, the “Variables” tab is in “6. Summary.”
Both of these options will open the Edit Tag pop up box relevant to the specific variable you have selected.
Simply type in the name of a tag and click OK to add it to a variable. Variables can have multiple tags, but they must be separated by a comma (ex. Key Variables, Before). Tags that control whether a variable is displayed, or newly created tags that have been used before, will appear as type-ahead.
The following tags are used to display variables on Summary Slides (see Summary Slide Tags):
- Pie Variables
- Waterfall Variables
- Key Variables
The following tags are used to display variables on Value Driver Slides (see Value Driver Tags):