Variable tags are used to drive display within a value proposition. As noted in Variable Tags Overview, often displaying variables on summary slides helps to communicate your offering's value story.
There are three types of summary slides: Pie Variables, Key Variables, and Waterfall Variables. Each tag controls whether a variable appears on its respective page or not. The variable tag and slide pairs are:
- Pie Variables - controls variable display on the pie chart slide below
- Waterfall Variables - controls variable display on the waterfall chart slide below
- Key Variables - controls variable display on the value analysis slide below
The variables will appear left to right in the same order as they are listed on the variable tab from top to bottom.
- In Value Communication, the “Variables” tab is in “1. Message.”
- In Value Modeling, the “Variables” tab is in “6. Summary.”
To change the order of variables on a summary slide, use the drag and drop tool on the variables tab to reorder them.